IMPORTANT: Time is almost up for getting a visa!
After April 13, 2018 (5:00 pm GMT+2), we will process your request but cannot guarantee that you can get your visa.
The timeline is roughly 3 weeks.
- Prepare the support documents, and send them via postal office: 2 business day.
- EMS: roughly 1 week (it depends on the country, but for some, it may take more time)
- Applicant goes to Japan embassy to get Visa: about 1 week?
- Buffer time: 1 week
* * * * * *
Our Local Committee will bring support to the participants applying for a visa and provide original signed documents. Please contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide Visa Applicant Information by filling in the LREC 2018 Visa Application Form (.docx)
All necessary documents written in Japanese will be sent back to you via postal mail (EMS).
Note that we will only support the requests from participants who have completed and paid their registration to the Main conference and/or workshops/tutorials.
Documents for visa application
As of today, approximately 68 countries with special agreements with Japan are granted visa waivers/exemptions. Please review the List of Countries and Regions that have Visa Exemption Arrangements with Japan to find out if you need to apply for a visa to enter Japan and attend LREC 2018, and how long you are allowed to stay in Japan.
If your country is not in the above list, you must apply for a visa.
In addition to the visa application form that you must fill in, other documents must be submitted. Please check the documents that you need to provide depending on your country and make sure to supply the information to fill the requested documents.
Review the chart outlining the procedure to display the list of documents that are needed for your visa application:
- Letter of Reason for Invitation
- Schedule of Stay
- Letter of Guarantee
- Other necessary documents.
(In most of cases, only the documents 1 and 2 are needed.)
1. Invitation Letter (Letter of Reason for Invitation)
Please specify the location of the Japan Embassy or Consulate to which you are applying for the visa.
Make sure to enter the information about the visa applicant:
- Full name (in Latin alphabet) as it appears on your passport.
- Male / Female
- Date of birth (Year) / (Month) / (Day)
2. Schedule of Stay (Itinerary in Japan)
All information about your stay in Japan must be provided in this document, including:
- Date of arrival and departure
- If already fixed, airport and flight number
- Activities (here attending LREC 2018, tourism, etc.)
For participants whose nationality is China or Philippines
- Your contact (e.g. phone number)
- Name, address and phone number of your hotel
3. Corporate registration or Detailed information of the company/ organization
We will send you the Certificate of Employment of the local chair.
4. Letter of Guarantee (for Chinese)
This document is not necessary as the local chair is a university professor.